LSRG members are invidted to the 2017 National Research Collaborative Meeting. The meeting is being held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Birmingham City Centre on Thursday 30th November 2017. Registration is free, with a refundable deposit.
There is a high profile faculty for the meeting, including:
- Prof Dion Morton (RCSEng Director of Clinical Research)
- Prof David Beard (Professor of Musculoskeletal Sciences, University of Oxford)
- Dr Mark Edwards (Consultant in Anaesthesia & Perioperative Medicine, Southampton)
- Prof Rupert Pearse (Director of the Perioperative Medicine Clinical Trials Network)
- Lord Philip Hunt (Labour Shadow Health Minister)
Meeting highlights will include:
- Challenging traditional research: from placebo controlled trials to complex research design
- Research in challenging environments: accessing hard to reach patient groups with collaborative research
- Launch of a new major, multi-centre, interdisciplinary randomised controlled trial
- Dedicated Parallel Sessions carefully designed for students, foundation doctors, core trainees and higher surgical trainees
Online registration is now open at: https://nrcm2017.eventbrite.com
There is an opportunity to present. They are inviting collaboratives to submit abstracts in the following two categories (collaboratives may submit multiple entries per category):
- Elevator pitch – this session will be for brief 60 second updates for ongoing or completed projects. Please submit up to 120 words summarising the project, plus a 120 character ‘tweet’.
- Research MOT – this will be an opportunity to receive 1-to-1 feedback on proposed research projects (data collection must not yet have commenced) from our Clinical Trials Unit and research methodology expert panels. The four highest quality abstracts will be selected for presentation on the main podium, with a cash prize for the winning presentation. Please submit a 300 word abstract.
The abstract submission deadline is 5pm on Friday 15 September 2017. Full abstract submission instructions are at: http://bit.ly/abstracts-NRCM .
Share this Announcement